Nein, ich übersetze das nicht………..
So it finally happened, we got nominated for the Liebster Award !!!
This is almost as good as being nominated for the OSCAR! Well, almost… maybe it’s more like Mardy Gras, the first catch is fun and almost special, but after a while, it’s more of an avoiding thing, at least that’s what we are told.
Still, we believe it’s a good way to find out about fellow bloggers and for readers to get to know the bloggers a little better.
1. Where is the best/favourite place you have visited?
Ok, this is probably the most difficult question on the list and also the one we’ve been asked most.
Can’t really say we have a favourite place, every country has it’s good sides and, well let’s just say, not so good sides.
I’ll have to split this up a bit.
The Dominican Republic, so far my favourite when it comes to the combination of sun, beach, life on the streets, laid-back kind of life. We travelled all around the country which was quite easy and we stayed in some really nice places and meet some cool people on the way.
Fiji, hands down the best place to relax and forget everything. Just grab a coconut and forget the world around you seems to be going to hell.
America and Russia, you would be surprised how much they have in common but still totally different. Mongolia, solitude, desert, yurts, a real adventure. New Zealand, great landscapes, camping everywhere, Hobbits and Mount Doom. All great places.
I think I’ll have to cut this short.
So what is my favourite place? Planet Earth, for now.
But let’s just say Asia second, especially Japan and S.Korea.
Mostly because of it’s culture and the Architecture, it’s very different, and for me, that’s what makes it so interesting.
Beach in Hong Kong with a beautiful view on a powerplant… not that it seemed to bother anybody.
2. What place/thing is top of your bucket list?
That’s easy, the rest of the world.
I would love to visit a far far far away world either in our galaxy or a different one for that matter.
A peaceful and Intelligent one, yes, one that is very very different to ours….
3. Who or what do you miss the most when you are away from home?
Don’t really miss anything while travelling. But if anything it would be something like (thinking, thinking, a washing machine? my own bed? hot water?.. 2 days later… give up)
… nope don’t miss anything.
4. What is your favourite travel quote?
Are two okay?
“Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.”
― Anita Desai
“The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.”
― Marcel Proust
5. The sea – on it, in it or stay on dry land?
The sea first! But can we just say the land second?
At least when it comes to means of travelling.
But seriously we love sailing, It’s a completely different view on everything, and you always have your stuff with you. A place to store things, a small kitchen etc. We both have our licences for boating, unfortunately, we don’t get around to sailing as often as we would like to.
6. Sunsets or sunrises?
Easy one, sunset. It’s almost like a sunrise but backwards and the biggest advantage, you don’t need to get up so early. Okay, this is also a disadvantage, if you prefer solitude (depending on where you are) you’re better off with a sunrise. Chances are a lot fewer people will turn up for a sunrise. Sunset is also a great way to conclude the day, maybe with a glass of wine or at the beach… Did you know in Lord Of The Rings, the scene with Frodo and Gandalf watching the sunset was actually a sunrise backwards. Or the other way around. Can’t quite remember, so we were told when we visited Hobbiton.
7. What are your desert island disks? (Up to five albums.)
Barry Manilow (just kidding)
8. Which four people (dead or alive) would you like to go on a road trip with?
- Pedro de Mendoza (1487 – 1537)
- Neil Armstrong (1930 – 2012)
- Jacques Cousteau (1910 -1997)
- Samwise Gamgee
9. And where would you go?
- Mostly South America, it must have been a wild time back then,
exploring the unknown, no GPS, no Internet, no travel guides. Mr Mendoza didn’t have the best reputation, but maybe I could have persuaded him to be a bit nicer to the natives.
- The Moon !
- Deep Sea
10. What advice would you give someone looking to travel?
Don’t overthink it, just go for it. If you are planning to travel long term it’s a good idea to get rid of everything you can’t take with you. Sell, give away or store everything. Have all your bills paid, and make sure you don’t leave behind anything you need to worry about.
11. How have you changed?
The world seemed like a very big place. When I was young I would think Fiji, China or even America for example were so far away, I would probably never see those countries.
Today after having been on all continents, one and a half times around the globe, up and down, here and there, the world has shrunk considerably. It’s actually quite tiny. We should take better care of it.
Let’s make the world great again, together, without racism, without hate but tolerant of others and their way of life and beliefs.
11 Random facts: (Henry)
- I die my hair (fake news?)
- Not getting any younger
- Tech nerd
- Hate it when good shows get axed
- I’m damn good looking (alternative fact?)
- Love a good pizza (a frozen pizza is never a good pizza. NEVER!!!)
- Isla Whisky
- Hate flying, I know it’s safe(ish), still hate it
- Get bored easily
Ok, now it’s our turn…
And the nominees for best blog ever are:
IKILOMALLA MATKABLOGI & VLOGI (we actually met them on our travels)
World-Wiser by Sandra, aiming to visit all 198 countries,
- Why travel at all?
- Ever had a bad experience on a plane?
- Ever felt not welcome in a country?
- DSLR, SLR, Smartphone, Compact, what’s your favourite cam while traveling?
- Long term or short travels, what do you prefer?
- Rent a car or take local transport?
- Have you been to Hollywood and was it what you expected?
- “Luxury”, budget or somewhere in between?
- What do you hope to learn while travelling?
- What did you learn?
- The most dangerous place/situation or country you’ve been to or in?
The Official Rules Of The Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself. (if you like)
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
BUT not everybody wants to be nominated. I would advise asking first.